Prizes and Scholarships
University scholarships are available for applicants and details are listed in our scholarship database.
- A broad knowledge and understanding of modern mathematics
- A detailed understanding in certain specific areas of mathematics
- The ability to formulate and solve complex real-world problems in mathematical language
- A flexible and rigorous approach to problem solving
- Confidence in technical writing and communication
- The essential skills for successfully entering the career market
Professional Recognition and Exemptions
Mathematics at Heriot-Watt (submitted jointly with our research partner, University of Edinburgh) received the highest rating in Scotland at the most recent Research Assessment Exercise. Up to 7 exemptions from actuarial profession examinations are available from the Mathematics, Statistics and Actuarial Science degree.